2005-2007 Collective Bargaining Agreement
Table of Contents
Corrections - Field Services
26.1. The Supervisor will designate an employee to be in charge of the office during his/her absence.
26.2. Upon written request, and approval by the Director, Division members shall be allowed to attend job related education courses on duty status.
26.3. Each probation officer shall be provided with a current copy of the N.H. Criminal Code, RSA 318 B, RSA 504 A, and motor vehicle statutes, and each probation officer will be supplied with a copy of all statutory revisions and court decisions relative to said statutes.
26.4. No employee will be required to include his/her home telephone on a Division business card.
The Employer shall provide each officer with a complete copy of the Policy and Procedure Manual. Each PPO III shall also be provided with Policy and Procedure Manual. These copies shall contain an updated index.
26.6. Unit employees who are required to work in the evening shall schedule their evening hours in advance, subject to the approval of their supervisor, with the understanding that evening hours will not be required on the evening before any holiday as defined by this Agreement as long as the hours are worked some other evening of the workweek.
26.7. At the request of the Association, representatives of both the Employer and the employee will meet, as necessary, to discuss areas of mutual concern, including proposed changes to, and the development of, departmental policy.
26.8. The Employer agrees to counsel or reprimand employees in private.
26.9. Each district and sub-office shall be provided with an appropriate weapons storage container.
26.10. The Employer shall issue to all left handed employees left handed equipment, when such equipment is issued by the Employer.
26.11. The Employer shall provide a first aid kit and fire extinguisher for each state owned car used by division employees.
26.12. The Employer shall provide a first aid kit in each district office or sub-office.
26.13. The Employer shall provide the ammunition necessary for the employees to qualify as long as the employee's weapon falls within the guideline for duty weapons as set forth in policy.
26.14. Probation/Parole Officers shall receive a clothing and equipment allowance of three hundred fifty dollars ($350.00) per year. Clothing and equipment purchased with this allowance shall remain the property of the officer. The allowance due each officer in FY 1998 shall be reduced by an amount equal to the cost of a standard size (3-1/2 inch or larger) badge and badge holder clip.
The Employer agrees to provide each officer with a standard size badge and badge holder clip, but each item shall remain the property of the Employer.
26.15. The employer shall provide three (3) months written notice to any unit employee who is to be permanently transferred involuntarily to a location fifty (50) miles or more from the employee's worksite.
26.16. Investigation of Employees: Any unit employee against whom a complaint is made from any source shall be afforded, as a minimum, the following rights:
- In every case when the Employer determines that an investigation of the facts or circumstances behind the complaint is to be undertaken, the employee shall be so notified in writing within seven (7) workdays. Notification shall include the reason(s) and/or cause(s) for the investigation.
- All investigations shall be completed and the final report thereof shall be filed with the Commissioner within forty five (45) workdays. This deadline may only be extended by the Commissioner and then only for exceptional reasons. Notice of any extension shall be in writing to the employee before the expiration of the 45-day period, and shall include all of the reasons for the extension and its duration.
- During any investigation the employee shall retain his/her current status, schedule, assignment, and like rights unless the Commissioner determines that, for the good of the complainant or of the employee being investigated, the employee should be removed from his/her current status, schedule, assignment, etc. In such a circumstance, every possible effort shall be made to keep the employee on the same shift and the same regular days off.
- In all cases where the investigation determines that the allegation(s) in a complaint are unfounded, all reports and documents pertaining thereto shall be labeled as "UNFOUNDED" then sealed and stored by the Commissioner separate from the employee's personnel records and files.
- Any transfer or reassignment undertaken pursuant to sub-section "d" above shall be immediately and completely reversed upon a determination that a complaint was unfounded.
- The foregoing provisions will apply until the time that formal disciplinary action is taken.