2005-2007 Collective Bargaining Agreement
Table of Contents
30.1. All vacancies in the Bureau of Emergency Communications shall be posted internally so that current employees may request transfer among shifts and/or assignments before applications are accepted from outside the Bureau.
30.2. Employees of the Bureau of Emergency Communications may be allowed to attend job related training on work time with the approval of the Operations Supervisor. Approval of requests to attend such training shall not be unreasonably withheld.
30.3. Employees of the Bureau of Emergency Communications may be permitted to swap shifts under the following conditions:
- the Employer will not be obligated to pay overtime due to a swap
- the Employer will not be obligated to alter either employee's shift differential pay due to a swap
- employees shall arrange the swap so the Employer is notified in advance of the dates, individuals, and shifts involved, so that approval may be granted
- all swap must be executed and returned within the same pay week
30.4. As policies and procedures are updated, the Employer shall provide all employees with copies of the policies and procedures for the unit in which they work. In addition, the minutes of all Commission meetings shall be posted.
30.5. In addition to the provisions of Article 16.1.1, the Employer agrees to notify employees of caller complaints and to allow for employee comments on the particulars of any complaint.
30.6. The Employer shall establish procedures for course reimbursement for approved job related courses.
30.7. The Employer shall install a pay phone, or provide a phone free from monitoring, for the use of employees. Employees shall be responsible for the cost of any long distance telephone calls.
30.8. Telecommunications Specialists shall be issued shirts appropriate to the season and a sweater or sweatshirt with the E-911 logo, in accordance with the following:
- Telecommunications Specialists working 8 hour shifts, 5 days per week, shall be issued a total of five (5) long-sleeved shirts and five (5) short-sleeved shirts.
- All other Telecommunications Specialists shall be issued a total of four (4) long-sleeved and four (4) short-sleeved shirts.
- Delivery of shirts shall be as soon as practicable but no later than October 1, 2006.
- Clothing issued shall be replaced as needed with the approval of the Employer.
30.9. Any employee who is temporarily assigned to new headquarters shall be reimbursed for mileage in an amount equal to the difference between the employee's commute to permanent headquarters and the employee's new commute to temporary headquarters. Except in an emergency, the Employer shall first seek volunteers for transfer when permanent or temporary transfers are necessary.