2005-2007 Collective Bargaining Agreement
Table of Contents
46.1. The Employer shall provide a clothing allowance to full-time and eligible part-time dietary, nursing, housekeeping, maintenance and laundry employees who are required to wear uniforms in accordance with the following provisions:
- This provision shall apply to part-time employees who are scheduled for and who regularly work 32 hours per week. In order to be eligible for the clothing allowance, a part-time employee must work at least the equivalent of one year of full-time employment (2080 hours).
- The amount of the clothing allowance shall be one hundred eighty dollars ($180.00) per employee per fiscal year to be paid at the beginning of the fiscal year.
- A new employee, following completion of the probationary period, shall receive fifteen dollars ($15.00) for each full month of service between the end of the probationary period and the start of the next fiscal year.
- An employee, other than a new employee as defined above, who terminates for any reason prior to the end of a fiscal year, shall receive a prorated clothing allowance in the amount of fifteen dollars ($15.00) per completed month of service to be paid upon termination.
- The Employer retains the right to set the standards for uniform wear.
46.2. Housekeeping employees shall not be required to work on Christmas.
46.3. All employees shall work a 40 hour work week.
46.4. In addition to the ongoing Labor Management Committee which deals with nursing issues, an ad hoc committee shall be established. This committee shall be composed of two members appointed by the Association and two appointed by the Employer. The committee shall also appoint other ad hoc members when topics of concern require membership from un-represented work sections within the Veterans Home.
Topics for resolution shall include staff development funding, flexible scheduling, daycare, and procedures for Veterans Home employees to purchase meals prepared at the Veterans Home and other departmental topics that may arise. The committee shall meet at least monthly starting 30 days after the effective date of this Agreement.
46.5. Purchase of Meals: The employer agrees to implement a process for employees to purchase meals at the Veterans Home. The employer shall develop an action plan describing the steps necessary to put this process into operation as soon as practicable. The plan shall be presented to the Labor Management Committee no later than one hundred twenty (120) days from the effective date of this Agreement.